Tuesday, September 16, 2008

To skirt, or not to skirt...



Ok, so I'm shopping for my new fall looks, and I'm thinking about adding some skirts in the mix. I've really stayed away from them in recent years because the only ones I seem to like are the full circle sort of skirts, that really don't go with anything.
I stumbled across the fact that there are a ton of high waisted pencil skirts out now. I'm debating whether or not to invest, so Anje I want your opinion too on this post.

Heres some pros and cons:

Pros: Can flatten your tummy, and hip region
Can go with many more tops than the average denim or mini skirt
Potential for daily, casual, and night wear

Cons: May only look good on tall skinny model types, being shorter, as I am, it may just remind people of the fact that I am very short.
Can only flatten so much, if your trying to hide more then just a little pouche it will only empathsize the fact that you poured yourself into such a garment.
May be an extremely fleeting trend, that will be out of style in a few months.
Conclusion at the moment: If one were to invest in such a skirt, fit would absolutely be KEY. Not too tight, not too long, etc.

For now my mind is still not made up...

kh

No comments: